Hello guys, If you own a Samsung Galaxy M51 which was launched recently. It is a mid-range smartphone that comes with a value-for-money specification. And you are looking for How to root Samsung Galaxy M51 for enjoying the extra benefits of the root. Then you have just come to the right place. In this article, we will guide you on how to root Samsung Galaxy M51 with a pretty easy method.
A Quick Specifications of Samsung Galaxy M51
It comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G chipset coupled with an octa-core chipset and Adreno 618 GPU. And a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus infinity-o display with 1080 x 2400 pixels resolution and 20:9 aspect ratio, protected with Gorilla Glass 3. It is available in 128GB + 6GB RAM and 128GB + 8 GB RAM variants.
A quad-rear camera module is present at the rear side featuring a 64MP + 12MP + 5MP + 5MP cameras. There’s a 32MP selfie camera on the front for quality selfies. A side-mounted fingerprint sensor. Moreover, the device comes with a monster 7000 mAh Li-Po non-removable big battery with 25W fast charging.
What is Rooting and its benefits?
Rooting is a process through which Android smartphone users gain root (Super User) access to the phone. After rooting the device, the user has the access to remove bloatware and all unnecessary stuff from the device. Also, you can change the user interface to the next level by installing custom ROMs, Modules, and much more.
There are many advantages and also some disadvantages of rooting the device.
Advantages of Rooting:
- Full control over the smartphone.
- Ability to install custom ROMs and custom firmware.
- Improve the performance of the smartphone by removing unnecessary bloatware.
- Allows installing custom Kernels.
- Allows unsupported applications and games to be installed.
- Improves the usability of the device.
Disadvantages of Rooting:
- It voids the warranty of your device.
- Loss system software updates.
- Can brick your phone in case you apply the wrong steps.
Warning (Samsung m51 Root)
We are not responsible for any bricked devices. You know what you are doing. So do this at your own risk. Hence be careful to follow the steps properly.
Pre-Requisite to Samsung Galaxy M51 Root
- You need a PC/laptop.
- Fully charge your Samsung Galaxy M51 or at least 75% of the battery available. If not, then there is a high risk of being stuck in between the process.
- You need a PC/laptop.
- A USB Type-C cable to connect your phone to the PC.
- Backup your Apps, Contacts & Messages, etc.
Download Links (Root m51 essentials)
How to Root Samsung Galaxy M51
To root Samsung Galaxy M51 download the all files from the above link. And follow these 3 steps one by one which are mentioned below.
Step 1: Enable OEM Unlock & USB Debugging On Samsung Galaxy M51.
Step 2: Patch the Boot Image Using Magisk Manager App.
Step 3: Flash Patched Boot Image Using Odin Flash Tool.
Step 1: Enable OEM Unlock & USB Debugging
- First, Go to Settings > About Phone > Software information and then tap the Build number 7 times.
- Now Go to Settings > Developer Options and enable the ”OEM Unlock” also” USB Debugging”
Step 2: Create a Patch Boot Image Using Magisk Manager
- You must have already downloaded the SM-M515F firmware file.
- Extract the firmware files with 7zip or WinRAR on your PC.
- Now copy the “AP.tar” from the firmware folder and extract the boot image file from it.
- And then transfer the boot image file to your internal storage of the device.
- After that, download and install Magisk Manager Apk.
- Open the Magisk Manager app then Tap Install > Install > Select and Patch a File and select the “BOOT IMAGE” which file you have earlier transferred to your Samsung galaxy m51.
- Magisk Manager will start the process of patching the file and the file will be saved as magisk_patched_boot.img file.
- Once the boot image is patched, then copy the magisk_patched_boot.img file to your PC, Compress it in tar format (AP.tar).
Step 3: Flash The Patched Boot Image Using Odin Flash Tool
- First of all, download the latest Odin flash tool to your PC and extract it.
- Then Boot your Galaxy M51 into download mode. (Turn off the device and press the Volume Up button and Volume Down button).
- And then connect your phone with the PC.
- Now open the Odin tool, then check whether your device is connected or not, You should check USB drivers.
- Then Tap on the ”AP” button, and select the AP.tar file which you previously transferred from the device after patching it with the magisk manager app.
- Tap on the ”Start” button. (Make sure that “Auto Reboot” is unchecked in options).
- This process will take a while and once it is done, you will get a ”PASS” notification, which means it’s done.
- Now disconnect your phone from the PC and reboot it.
- That’s It.
How to Unroot your Android Device?
If you want to Unroot your phone, you can Unroot your phone by installing the stock boot image (AP.tar file from firmware archive) and uninstall the magisk manager app.
You’ve successfully gained root access, now you can install any custom ROM, Mods, and extend the functionality of your device. To verify the status of the root Samsung Galaxy M51 install the Root Checker App from the Google Play store and check the root status, However, if you get any problems while following the guide, do let us know in the comments section below.