HTC U11 is supposed to be released on May 16th 2017, but as is always the case someone jumped the gun and put up his HTC U11 video review online. The video is not in English, but shows off the device from all angles and also shows what you can do with Edge Sense.
We can use HTC Edge Sense to take pictures from both front and rear camera, open Google Assistant, launch any application like Chrome, and unlock the HTC U11.
Other than that the video shows off HTC U11 from all angles, at the bottom we have a USB Type C port and the loud speaker. The 3.5mm headphone port is missing as we had reported a few days back . On the right we have the volume rockers and the power button. We also get a USB Type C to 3.5mm headphone port adapter.
Coming to the specs, the reviewer mentions what we already know, Snapdragon 835 processor, 6GB of RAM, 5.5 inch display, 12MP rear camera and a 16 MP front camera, IP57 rating. Please note this being the Korean model it has 6GB of RAM, international model will supposedly have 4GB of RAM.
As for the price we are looking at 659$ in Taiwan.
Noted leaked Evan Blass has posted a tweet letting us know that Edge Sense on HTC U11 responds to pressure, but not touch. He also followed it up with below image which confirms that you can take photos, open apps, activate voice control etc when you squeeze the HTC U11.
HTC U11 Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch Super LCD, QHD resolution (1440 x 2560 pixels, 534 ppi), Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Software: Android 7.1.1 Nougat (with HTC Sense UI & Edge Sense)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 (octa-core 64-bit Kryo 280 CPU), Adreno 540 GPU
- Memory: 4GB/6GB RAM
- Storage: 64/128GB internal storage, expandable up to 2TB (with microSDXC cards)
- Rear-Facing Camera: 12-megapixel UltraPixel 3 (could be the Sony IMX362 sensor), ƒ/1.7 aperture, OIS, dual-tone LED flash, & 4K video recording
- Front-Facing Camera: 16-megapixel (could be the Sony IMX351 sensor), ƒ/2.0 aperture, and 1080p video recording
- Network & Connectivity: 4G LTE (dual-SIM in some markets; India and China), GPS with GLONASS, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, and USB 3.1 Type-C
- Protection: Fingerprint Sensor & IP57-certified Water Resistant
- Audio: HTC BoomSond™, HTC Usonic (Active Noise Cancellation), Hi-Res Audio, 3D Audio Recording
- Battery: 3,000mAh, non-removable, Quick Charge 3.0