HTC has been teasing it’s upcoming flagship HTC U11 for quite some time now. However, looks like HTC U11 3.5mm port is a dead bird, or we can say that HTC U11 will not have the standard headphone port we are so used to.
HTC will instead include a usb type C to 3.5mm adapter for us. It’s sad to see HTC go the Apple way because we personally want to charge our phone and listen to music using wired headphones at the same time.
HTC U11 is set to be released on May 16 2017 but specifications on the device have already been leaked.
HTC U 11 Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch Super LCD, QHD resolution (1440 x 2560 pixels, 534 ppi), Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Software: Android 7.1.1 Nougat (with HTC Sense UI & Edge Sense)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 (octa-core 64-bit Kryo 280 CPU), Adreno 540 GPU
- Memory: 4GB/6GB RAM
- Storage: 64/128GB internal storage, expandable up to 2TB (with microSDXC cards)
- Rear-Facing Camera: 12-megapixel UltraPixel 3 (could be the Sony IMX362 sensor), ƒ/1.7 aperture, OIS, dual-tone LED flash, & 4K video recording
- Front-Facing Camera: 16-megapixel (could be the Sony IMX351 sensor), ƒ/2.0 aperture, and 1080p video recording
- Network & Connectivity: 4G LTE (dual-SIM in some markets; India and China), GPS with GLONASS, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, and USB 3.1 Type-C
- Protection: Fingerprint Sensor & IP57-certified Water Resistant
- Audio: HTC BoomSond™, HTC Usonic (Active Noise Cancellation), Hi-Res Audio, 3D Audio Recording
- Battery: 3,000mAh, non-removable, Quick Charge 3.0
What is your opinion about the missing HTC U11 3.5mm port? Let us know via comments below.