How to troubleshoot Netgear router: Netgear introduces the world’s best and reliable router. Netgear routers provide a wide range of features to meet your home needs for Video streaming, gaming and a lot more WiFi activities. By typing http://routerlogin.net you can access the router’s settings. It is one of the most trusted brands in the networking market. Most of the router user-preferred Netgear devices over other brands in the market.
This article will provide you information on how to troubleshoot your Netgear router.
Sometimes while using the router, we face some issues such as device connectivity, slow speed, not accessing the internet or WiFi signal drop issue.
We can solve these issues by troubleshooting netgear router. In this article, we will cover different scenarios one by one.
3 Methode to Troubleshoot Netgear router
Scenario 1- Device not connecting wirelessly.
If you can access the internet on wired connected devices but not on the wireless device. Please follow the below steps.
- Reboot your router– If you don’t how to reboot your router if you already know the process of then goes to the next step.
- Locate the Reset button at the backside your router, press and hold the Reset button for 10 to 15 seconds by using a paper clip or any similar things. Your router is reset and back to factory default settings.
- Change the wireless Settings– After resetting your router, now you need to set the new wireless name (SSID) and password. If you don’t know how to change the wireless name and password. If you want to change the WiFi Name and Password for your router, you need to login into your router for doing that you can open a new browser “routerlogin.net” and enter the default IP Address http://192.168.1.1 into the web address bar.
- A small pop-up will display, where it asks for a username and password. You can use the default username and password for login.
- The default username and password are both admins in lowercase.
- Once you login into the router page go to the left side menu where you can click on wireless where you can see the network name and password.
- After that, Type new Network name (SSID) and Network (WiFi) password and click on Save.
- Connect your devices– Now go to your device’s wireless settings and find a new network name and try to connect with the new WiFi password and type “http://routerlogin.net” .
Scenario 2- If not able to access the internet at all.
- Turn off the modem and then turn off the router.
- After 20 seconds turn on the modem and turn on the router after a gap of 20 seconds.
- Once both the devices or on, try to connect your devices.
- If you are still struggling to access the internet, bypass the router and connect your computer directly to the modem to check, if you getting internet from the internet service provider and also check out by login “www.routerlogin.net”.
- And if the internet is working through a modem, then reboot your router.
- You cannot access the internet through the modem, In that case please contact your internet service provider.
Scenario 3- WiFi Connection drop issue.
By below troubleshoot netgear routers steps, you can solve the WiFi signal drop issue.
- Reset your router- If you are facing a WiFi signal drop issue on your wireless devices continuously, then try to reset your router. If you don’t know how to reset your router, please see the above article.
- Update the Firmware– If the problem still exists, then you need to update the Router’s Firmware. Updating the right firmware for your Netgear router is a tough task. If you are not comfortable with update the Firmware, then please follow the below instruction on how to update the right Firmware on your Netgear router.
We highly recommend it to connect your computer to the router through an Ethernet cable before starting the firmware update process. Open a new browser and login into your router web-based homepage “www.routerlogin.net”. On the homepage, you will see a blue icon showing ‘Firmware Update’, Click on it and wait for 2-3 minutes to update the firmware. If a blue icon is not showing on the homepage, then click on Advanced in the left side menu then click on Administrative > Router / Firmware update. Click on check for updates, if updates available on your router, a pop up will show you to install or download it. Click on Yes to start the downloading and Wait for 2-3 minutes to update the firmware.
If the WiFi signal drop issue remains the same, we suggest you contact our support team. For an immediate response, we recommend you to contact us through our new live chat feature. For more solutions and information, please chat with our experts.
Thank You For reading this “Troubleshoot Netgear router” article.
You May Like – Router Configuration