If you own a Realme X7 and are looking for ways to unlock the bootloader of the phone then, you are at the right place. In this post, we’ll guide you on how to Realme X7 bootloader unlock. If you are new to rooting, then you must understand that first, you need to unlock the bootloader of the device and then install a custom recovery like TWRP for rooting or flashing a custom rom.
The Realme X7 which launched back last year, run on realme UI 1.0 based on Android 10. While realme UI isn’t that bad skin in any manner, instead of packs in many handy features, however, similar to other Android skins out there. But not similar to the Android one. So if you’re one of those enthusiasts who would like to utilize the smartphone to the maximum extent, rooting is an excellent option, today we gonna guide you on How to Realme X7 Bootloader Unlock.
What is Bootloader Unlock?
The bootloader is a program that is the first thing that boots up in your device whenever you turn ON your device and commands the device to run the appropriate programs. But, the bootloader is stored away from the reach of the user and is stored at a safe place (separate partition of memory) so that the user could not reach the files. However, there are methods and ways via which you can unlock the bootloader of the device and go ahead with flashing a custom recovery to root your device. But, make sure to follow a reliable guide and follow the steps correctly to avoid any damage to your device.
- You can install a custom recovery like TWRP.
- You can also root your device.
- Install any custom ROM like Pixel Experience, Lineage OS, Resurrection ROM, etc.
- It voids the warranty of your device.
- Will no longer receive the official OTA updates.
- You can brick your device if you do not follow the steps carefully.
We are not responsible for any bricked devices. You know that what you are doing. So do this at your own risk. Hench be careful to follow the steps properly.
Enable USB debugging & OEM unlock
To do so, Navigate to Settings > System > About Phone on your Realme X7 and tap on Build number seven times. Once you see a message saying “You are now a developer” go to Settings > Developer Options and enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock.
Before proceeding to the bootloader unlock of the Realme X7, you need to make sure of these things.
- You need a PC/laptop
- Make sure that your device is charged at least 60%
- A USB Type-C cable to connect your phone to the PC
- Now, download the ADB and Fastboot Tools and extract it
- Download Realme USB Drivers and Realme Unlocking Tool
- Backup your Apps, Contacts & Messages, etc
Realme X7 Bootloader Unlock:
- Launch the In-Depth App on your Realme device. Apply for the in-depth test.
- When that is done, again open the In-depth test and tap “Query verification status” on the top corner.
- Then click on “Start the in-depth test”. Your device will then be booted to the Fastboot Mode.
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable and head over to the ADB & Fastboot tools folder.
- Within that folder, type cmd in the address bar and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Enter the below code in the CMD window.
fastboot flashing unlock
- You will now receive a prompt on your device, tap on Yes. It’s gonna wipe all your data, just like the factory reset and the bootloader on your Realme X7 will be unlocked. The first boot might take some time.
Finally! You just completed the Realme X7 bootloader unlock. If you face any kind of difficulty or issues, just use the comment section below. Thank you!