Apple CarPlay Not Working: Apple CarPlay makes it easy to access your apps while driving. This service allows you to check your map, make calls, reply to urgent messages, and play Apple music all while driving. Apple CarPlay may not work anymore, as with all services, so be prepared for some unexpected issues.
But don’t worry if you are facing an apple carplay not working issue, then you are in right place to solve this problem. because there are various ways to solve this problem called apple carplay not working.
Sometimes iPhone is Stuck on Apple Logo solves it quickly.
Possible Causes When Apple CarPlay Not Working
There are many reasons why Apple CarPlay does not work. These are the most common reasons why Apple CarPlay isn’t working:
- Apple CarPlay is not compatible with your car and/or in your country.
- Your car’s Bluetooth connection is not working properly.
- The USB cable has been damaged.
- The newest iOS is not available on your phone.
- Apple CarPlay stereo cannot detect your iPhone.
- App integration problems are causing your phone to have trouble.
13 Tips to Fix Apple CarPlay Not Working
Here are some tips and ways to fix the apple carplay not working issue:
Apple CarPlay is not automatically available if you own an iOS device and a vehicle. If Apple CarPlay stops working, you should first check whether the service is available in your area and if it is compatible with your car and device. These 36 countries currently support Apple CarPlay:
|United Arab Emirates
Apple claims that CarPlay works with all major car manufacturers. However, not all models have this service. The official Apple website for Carplay has a complete list of the supported vehicle.
If your car is not on the list, don’t worry. You can purchase an aftermarket system made by brands such as Pioneer, JVC, or Sony to allow you to use Apple CarPlay while driving.
Apple CarPlay is compatible with all devices provided you have an iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1 or later.
Although they are easy to overlook, OS updates are vital for your phone’s performance. OS updates not only fix security issues but also give your iPhone the drivers and software it needs to run Apple CarPlay. If your iPhone’s iOS version is out of date, Apple CarPlay may not be working.
It is easy to update your iPhone’s OS but can take up some of your time depending on the size of the updates. These steps will help you upgrade your iPhone to the most recent iOS version.
- All of your iPhone’s files and data can be backed up via iCloud or file transfer to a PC.
- Make sure your phone is fully charged and connected to the internet.
- Tap Settings in your device’s app dashboard.
- Go to General.
- Click on the Software Update button.
- Start the update by pressing Install Now. If you don’t see this, tap Download and Installation. The update will be downloaded to the phone by tapping. Next, enter your passcode and click Install Now.
Another reason Apple CarPlay may not work is its bad connection. You have two options to connect your iPhone to the Apple CarPlay Stereo. One is via Bluetooth and another is by using a wire. If you are using a wired connection, such as a lightning cable or one for your aftermarket system, make sure that it is not damaged or frayed. Try a different accessory to see if it solves your problem. Also, make sure the cable fits into your stereo’s USB port. If loose, use a different port. You can also try a different cable.
Airplane Mode must be disabled if your phone is connected wirelessly to Apple CarPlay. This prevents your phone from receiving or sending wireless signals. Your iPhone must also be enabled for Bluetooth and WiFi. This can be done through the Control Center on your phone. Just swipe up from your screen to open the Control Center and tap on both the Bluetooth and WiFi icons until they are both blue.
You might also want Bluetooth devices you no longer use to be disconnected while you are at it. Here’s how:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Select Bluetooth and search for it.
- Tap the I icon next to any device you want to delete.
- Locate and click the Forget This Device button.
- Tap on Forget Device to confirm the disconnection. It will be located at the bottom.
Even though Apple CarPlay is unlikely to be affected by old connections, it’s a good idea not to clutter up your Bluetooth connections. This will make your phone run better.
4. Siri can be enabled (Apple CarPlay Not Working)
Siri must be enabled to use Apple CarPlay. If you don’t have Siri enabled, Apple CarPlay might not be working. This is how to enable Siri on an iPhone:
- Use the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to Siri & Search.
- These features should be toggled on under “Ask Siri”
- You can listen to “Hey Siri”
- Press Home to activate Siri, or press the Side Button to activate Siri
- Siri will be locked if you allow it
To enable Siri to recognize your voice, set it up the first time you turn on the Listen for Siri feature. Here’s how to set Siri up:
- When you see the Set up “Hey Siri screen, tap Continue.
- Each command you see on your phone’s screen, say it.
- To complete the setup, tap on Done.
Apple CarPlay may not work if your phone screen goes blank. This can be fixed by allowing Apple CarPlay to work even if your phone screen is off or locked. Here’s how to do it:
- Click the Settings icon on your iPhone.
- Go to General.
- Choose CarPlay from the available options.
- Look for your car in the list of connections and tap on it.
- Activate the Allow CarPlay while Locked option.
6. Apple CarPlay can be re-enabled
Apple CarPlay can sometimes be hampered by other settings or connections on your phone. You can simply restart the service if this happens. Here’s how to do it:
- Your phone should be connected to your car either via Bluetooth or a cable.
- From your iPhone’s Dashboard, select the Settings app.
- Go to the General menu.
- Click on CarPlay to find and click.
- Tap on it to find your car’s name in the list of connections.
- You might need to take additional steps depending on your car model to enable Apple CarPlay. For more information, consult your vehicle’s manual.
7. Reset USB Restricted Mode
Photo courtesy of Apple Support
USB Restricted Mode helps protect your iPhone against hackers who may use lightning ports to steal your passcode. If you connect your iPhone via a cable, however, this feature may cause Apple CarPlay to be disrupted. These steps will enable you to turn off USB Restricted Mode for your iPhone.
- Go to the Settings app on your mobile phone.
- You can choose between Touch ID & Code and Face ID &Passcode.
- Provide your passcode if your device asks you to.
- Next, toggle the USB Accessories slider. When the last is turned green, USB Restricted Mode has been deactivated.
You can switch back to USB Restricted Mode if you don’t use Apple CarPlay if you want your phone protected from hackers.
8. Reset your iPhone’s settings (Apple CarPlay Not Working)
Apple CarPlay may not work if your phone’s settings have changed. You can fix the problem by reconfiguring your iPhone’s settings. You should note that the settings for your Home Screen layout and keyboard dictionary, Apple Pay cards privacy settings, location settings, network settings, and privacy settings will all be reset to their default settings. However, this process does not delete any data or media files.
These steps will reset the settings of your iPhone.
- Navigate to Settings from your iPhone’s app dashboard.
- Press the General button and search for it.
- You’ll find Reset at the bottom of your screen.
- Select the Reset All Settings option.
- Provide your passcode if your device requests it.
- Click on Reset All Settings to confirm the action.
After you’ve finished configuring your settings, wait for the phone to restart. To connect to Apple CarPlay, turn on Bluetooth, WiFi, and Siri.
9. Disconnect the Apple CarPlay and Re-Set it Up
An error in the way Apple CarPlay was set up could also cause Apple CarPlay not to work. You can unlink CarPlay to confirm the problem and then set it back up again. These are the steps to follow:
- Use the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and click on General.
- Select CarPlay from our menu.
- Tap the name of your car from the list.
- Use the Forget This Car option.
- Make sure you have enabled Siri to re-establish Apple CarPlay. Next, open Settings.
- If you’re connecting via Bluetooth:
- Set your car’s infotainment system to Bluetooth or wireless mode.
- Find and press the voice command button on your vehicle’s steering wheel.
- You can access the Settings app from your iPhone.
- Tap on General and search for the keyword.
- Then press CarPlay and then the name of your car.
- Connect your iPhone to your car’s USB port if you are connecting via a cable. You might see a CarPlay icon or a smartphone on this port. Follow any instructions you see on the screen.
10. Updating the Firmware for Your Apple CarPlay Stereo
If Apple CarPlay doesn’t work after you have tried all the above methods, it might be your car’s firmware. Apple CarPlay must be running the latest firmware from the manufacturer to ensure it is always available.
You can find instructions on how to update the firmware of your CarPlay stereo by consulting your manual or manufacturer.
If are not able to solve this problem through this guide, then you should contact Apple Support. Apple Support allows you to contact Apple Authorized Service providers, chat, phone, or both. Make sure you clearly describe the problem so the team can offer the correct assistance.